1. Some psychologists argue that the traditional idea spare the rod and spoil the child is not rational.
A. helpful B. kind C. sensible D. effective
2. Providing first-class service is one of the tactics the airline adopts to attract passengers.
A. methods B. attitudes C. thoughts D. solutions
3. Before you decide on a vocation, it might be a good idea to consult a few good friends.
A. career B. holiday C. plan D. research
4. The police are trying to get back the stolen statue.
A. detain B. retrieve C. track D. detect
5. Because of adverse weather conditions, the travelers stopped to camp.
A. local B. unfamiliar C. good D. unfavorable
1-5 C A A B D